Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Prehistoric Herbivores (2nd forgotten page)

I still have not played or designed a ruleset I like to use these miniatures in, but I love painting animal figures. I have ended up with quite a few miniatures of what I hope will be the density that ancient landscapes held, when I finally get them on the game table. 


Scrub Oxen, based on what I could find at the time they looked similar to Cape Buffalo.




Mammoths, they seem to have come in two colors a reddish brown and a lighter blonde. 


Mastodon, distant relative of Mammoths common in eastern North America.




American Moose or European Elk, same animal different names. Before a hunt and after, or are you walking up on predator meal. 


Generic Deer figure, larger than most white tail deer. So it can be a red or mule deer, or multiple types of prehistoric deer.


Giant Capibara of South America. This would have been a young one or a runt. 

I will try to start this back up again, but I get busy and forget to take good photos of my figures when I get them done. 

 

2 comments: